Take a step back to the 1940s with The Galaxy Big Band
- Credit: Archant
FANCY getting your dancing shoes on for charity?
A 1940s-themed dance with music from the 18-strong Galaxy Big Band takes place at Hiam Sports and Social Club in Prickwillow on August 31, in aid of World Horse Welfare.
1940s dress is optional, but organisers are hoping that lots of supporters will dress to impress as they dance the night away.
The band, following in the footsteps of the great big bands of the 40s, has established an enviable reputation for swing music, jive and jazz.
Its line-up includes a full rhythm section (piano, guitar, bass, and drums) as well as a brass section featuring four trumpets and four trombones and five saxophones, as well as two regular vocalists.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £20, including a cold supper, and tickets must be booked in advance by calling Heather (07876 522934) or e-mailing email@example.com
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour