Take a look at turbulent Tudors with author Dan Jones
- Credit: Archant
Join engaging historian Dan Jones in Ely as he presents his epic history of medieval England, Hollow Crown.
The book explores the rise of the Tudors, and the tearing apart of the Plantagenet dynasty during the Wars of the Roses.
Dan is appearing on Wednesday, October 15, at St Peter’s Church, in Broad Street, at 7.30pm. The event is being hosted by Topping and Company, of Ely.
Dan said: “The 15th century experienced the longest and bloodiest series of civil wars in British history. The crown of England changed hands violently seven times as the great families of England fought to the death for power, majesty and the right to rule.
“With vivid descriptions of the battle of Towton, where 28,000 men died in a single morning, to Bosworth, where the last Plantagenet king was hacked down, this is the real story behind Shakespeare’s famous history plays.”
You may also want to watch:
INFO: For tickets, contact Topping on 01353 645005.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely