Take a look around a working mill during special open weekend
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglian Mills Society is taking part in this year’s National Open Mills Weekend, giving members of the public the chance to see working mills up close.
The society was set up in 2008 and is a loose affiliation of mill owners across East Anglia. The aim of the society is to promote members mills, provide a forum for members to share information and create a network of events.
This year, society members in Burwell, Swaffham Prior, Soham and Wicken will be joining dozens of mills which will be open on May 9 and 10 throughout the UK.
Mills which will be open on National Mills Weekend - May 9-10:
Cattell’s Mill, Willingham, Cambridgeshire. 1-5pm Saturday and Sunday. Tel: 01954 261168.
Fosters Mill, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire – a working windmill. Sunday only 2-5.30pm. Tel: 01638 741009.
Impington mill, Cambridgeshire. Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm. Tel: 07967 461933.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
Northfield Windmill, Soham, Cambridgeshire. Saturday 11am-4pm.
Thurne Dyke windpump, Thurne, Norfolk. Sunday only 2-4pm. Tel: 01692 670204.
Wicken corn mill, Cambridgeshire – a working windmill. Saturday and Sunday 10.30am-5.30pm. Tel: 01664 822751.