Take a look around a working mill during special open weekend
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglian Mills Society is taking part in this year’s National Open Mills Weekend, giving members of the public the chance to see working mills up close.
The society was set up in 2008 and is a loose affiliation of mill owners across East Anglia. The aim of the society is to promote members mills, provide a forum for members to share information and create a network of events.
This year, society members in Burwell, Swaffham Prior, Soham and Wicken will be joining dozens of mills which will be open on May 9 and 10 throughout the UK.
Mills which will be open on National Mills Weekend - May 9-10:
Cattell’s Mill, Willingham, Cambridgeshire. 1-5pm Saturday and Sunday. Tel: 01954 261168.
You may also want to watch:
Fosters Mill, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire – a working windmill. Sunday only 2-5.30pm. Tel: 01638 741009.
Impington mill, Cambridgeshire. Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm. Tel: 07967 461933.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
Northfield Windmill, Soham, Cambridgeshire. Saturday 11am-4pm.
Thurne Dyke windpump, Thurne, Norfolk. Sunday only 2-4pm. Tel: 01692 670204.
Wicken corn mill, Cambridgeshire – a working windmill. Saturday and Sunday 10.30am-5.30pm. Tel: 01664 822751.