Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is coming to Apex Theatre in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
National-award-winning youth company The Voice Squad return to The Apex in Bury St Edmunds this month with the ever-popular, gruesome tale
of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - and of course his pie-making accomplice Mrs Lovett.
Following a successful debut at the Edinburgh Fringe, the thrilling score and compelling drama is brought to life by some of Suffolk’s finest young performers, in Sondheim’s classic epic musical.
A must-see for all but the faint-hearted (and very young) say promoters.
The shows take place on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 August for a range of 3pm and 7pm performances.
You may also want to watch:
To book tickets, which range from £10 to £15, visit www.theapex.co.uk or call the box office on 01284 758000.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'