Student opera performance set for Queen’s College, Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge University Opera Society is putting on a production of Lennox Berkeley’s opera ‘A Dinner Engagement’ on Saturday June 24.
The show, which showcases some of the university’s best vocal talent, and is entirely student run, will be performed at Fitzpatrick Hall, Queen’s College, Cambridge, at 1am and 8pm.
“The opera is a frothy, delightful, 1950s tale of love amongst the vegetables,” says producer Anna Semple.
“The sweet but butter-fingered Lord and Lady Dunmow are trying to prepare for dinner with the Grand Duchess and her son Phillipe.
“Currently in very reduced circumstances, they hope to marry their daughter to the minted Prince.
You may also want to watch:
“But as the very rich try and navigate their genteel way through the impossible trial of making dinner, absolutely everything goes terribly wrong.”
Tickets, £5-£15 each, are available from https://operasoc.tessera.info/
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools