Stereophonics set to perform album's 20th anniversary show in Cambridge
- Credit: Scarlet Page 2021
With seven UK number one albums to their name, Stereophonics are one of Britain's most successful rock groups.
Fronted by Kelly Jones, the Wesh band will be arriving in Cambridge later this month as part of a short tour to celebrate the 20th anniversary of third album Just Enough Education to Perform.
Released in 2001 as the follow-up to 1999 chart-topper Performance and Cocktails, J.E.E.P. features top 10 singles Mr Writer, Have a Nice Day and Handbags and Gladrags, the latter added when the album was re-released in 2002.
The album also includes singles Step on My Old Size Nines and opening track Vegas Two Times.
J.E.E.P. spent five weeks at number one and has achieved six times platinum status in the UK, cementing Kelly Jones’ place as one of the great timeless British songwriters.
Stereophonics will be playing Just Enough Education to Perform in its entirety, plus new music and more, at Cambridge Corn Exchange on Tuesday, November 30.
Following the Just Enough Education to Perform live shows, Stereophonics will release new album Oochya!, featuring single Hanging On Your Hinges, on March 4, 2022.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended