Step back in time to meet the Cromwells
- Credit: Archant
VISITORS to Oliver Cromwell’s House in Ely can step back in time this month, to meet some characters from the past, including Mrs Cromwell and a soldier from Cromwell’s new model army.
Mrs Cromwell has been busy gardening this summer, and will be talking about the different uses her flowers have. Visitors can taste some of her floral recipes, find out what a Tussie Mussie is, and try their hand at making one.
Cromwell’s soldier will share tales of fighting on the battlefield, and youngsters can learn about his armour, and try on a helmet.
Children can also test their observation skills and take on the challenge of the ‘Mouse in the House’ trail.
The ‘Meet the Cromwells’ events are held each Tuesday morning, from August 6 to August 27, from 11am to 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
There is no need to book, simply drop in at any time to Oliver Cromwell’s House in St Mary’s Street, the home of Ely tourist information service.
Entry costs £4.60 for adults, £4.10 concessions and up to three children are admitted free with each paying adult.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
This is a free event for resident pass holders.
For more information call Ely Tourist Information Centre on 01353 662062.