Soham gearing up for popular annual beer festival
SOHAM’S Real Ale and Music Festival will again take place at the Walter Gidney Pavilion from July 6-7.
Organisers, the Soham Staploe Rotary Club, has arranged numerous real ales from Elgood’s brewery at Wisbech as well as numerous guest beers from much further afield.
Visitors to the pavilion, on the recreation ground in Fountain Lane, will also be able to sample ciders, wines, lagers and even soft drinks for the drivers.
Food from the barbecue will be available on both days. The bar will open at 6pm on Friday and 1pm on Saturday.
There will be music on both days from local bands. On Friday from 6pm Generations, blues trio the Hotdogs, Blue Thunder and Solitary Fire will perform.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Glorious Ferry Curve, the Crimson Trio and local favourites Akimbo will do their stuff. Also on Saturday auctioneer David Palmer will be selling lots from 7.30pm in aid of the Weatheralls School.
Overall profits from the event will go to the St Andrew’s Swimming Pool Association.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut