Smash hit musical set for return to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Following sell-out seasons in the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Japan, the international smash hit musical Blood Brothers is coming to Cambridge.
Scooping up no less than four awards for best musical in London and seven Tony Award nominations on Broadway, Blood Brothers has proven a hit around the world. This epic tale of Liverpool life ran in London’s West End for 24 years and has been touring the UK since 1995.
It returns to Cambridge Arts Theatre from September 2-6 following a hugely successful run in 2012.
The production tells the story of twin boys separated at birth, only to be reunited by a twist of fate and a mother’s haunting secret. The memorable score includes ‘A Bright New Day’, ‘Marilyn Monroe’ and the emotionally charged hit ‘Tell Me It’s Not True’.
Maureen Nolan reprises the role of Mrs Johnstone, having previously played the role in the West End and on tour, to great critical acclaim.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show, which runs nightly at 7.45pm, cost from £15-£35.
All tickets subject to a £2.50 booking fee and are obtainable by calling 01223 503333.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'