Smash hit comedy Rules for Living comes to the Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The smash hit comedy Rules for Living is coming to the Cambridge Arts Theatre this week.
Fresh from a critically acclaimed run at the National Theatre, the brilliant and darkly funny play opens at the venue on October 3.
Everyone creates their own coping strategies or rules for living, but what happens when an extended family gathers for a traditional Christmas dinner, and each of them rigidly follows their own rules? As the drinks flow and the obligatory games are played, family resentments surface and relationships are pulled apart and will probably never be the same again.
Rules for Living is brought to the stage by English Touring Theatre, who have previously visited the Cambridge Arts Theatre with Silver Linings, Lady Chatterley’s Lover, Brideshead Revisited and The Herbal Bed.
The production runs from October 3-7 and tickets, £19-£34, are available from the box office on 01223 503333 or online: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony