Smash hit burlesque show coming to King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Flushed with success, and now entering its fourth year, the world’s original touring burlesque spectacular is about to hit town.
Officially Britain’s biggest burlesque extravaganza – a quarter of a million people have now seen An Evening of Burlesque.
And it is set for the stage at the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange, on October 11.
Not only has the cheeky production revealed the secrets of the art of burlesque to delighted audiences across the UK, it has also thrilled theatregoers at the swishiest venues throughout Europe as well.
From Milan to Zurich, St Petersburg to Minsk, Leipzig to Verona, Dresden to Riga, Padova to Dessau the reaction has been the same – absolutely incredible, says show producer Michael Taylor.
“Nothing is lost in translation,” he said. “An Evening of Burlesque’s content – sparkling glamour, physical humour and a dynamic score – are appreciated in any language.”
The show sparkles with couture costumes recalling the golden eras of burlesque. An Evening of Burlesque claims to be the most glamorous show on tour.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 6 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
For over-18s only, it boasts that its success is built on a combination of sultry vocals, breathtaking choreography, mischief, magic, frivolity and fun.
Michael says he is proud to be bringing variety back to the theatre, claiming An Evening of Burlesque is the slickest, wickedly wittiest, most delightfully choreographed cabaret spectacular of the year.
Tickets for the show, which starts at 8pm, are priced from £22 and available by calling the box office on 01553 764864.