New garden roof terrace at SIX - which boasts stunning panoramic views of the city - is another reason to visit Cambridge’s most luxurious dining spot
- Credit: Photographer: Paul Winch-Furness
SIX is fast becoming one of our favourite Cambridge destinations, and with the opening of their new Garden Terrace - which boasts panoramic views of the city - things are only getting better.
The Instagram-worthy alfresco rooftop dining space now features a terrace that has been decked out with wooden floor panelling, wicker chairs and a cascade of flowers draping from the retractable roof.
Then there's the stunning skyline vista of the city, with the bar and brassier overlooking many of Cambridge's most famous universities and colleges.
After being welcomed by SIX's friendly team of staff - who delivered smooth and slick service - we enjoyed a Basil Grande (or two) whilst enjoying the sunset: a great start to our evening.
Settling down for dinner, the delicious lemon and rosemary chicken (accompanied by chunky sweet potato wedges) remained a faultless main course choice, while the flavourful king prawn and chorizo skewers with cous cous offered something a little bit different for dinner.
You may also want to watch:
For desert, my fiancé opted for the apple crumble (the best she's ever tasted) while I went for the refreshing Sicilian lemon tart that was complimented by a scattering of raspberries and blueberries.
Perfect for brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or dinner, guests can dine at SIX throughout the day, from midday to 10pm - and with their new Garden Terrace now open, there's even more reasons to give SIX a try. You won't be disappointed.
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 5 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 6 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 7 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller
- The hotel has also unveiled a £2 million refurbishment of its 44 guest rooms, adding 22 jobs to the local economy.
- Each of the newly designed rooms are unique with its own individual character. Guests can expect herringbone wood flooring, bespoke handmade rugs from artisan weavers and wallpaper from luxury British high end designers Guild ,and Colefax and Fowler.
To book a table visit www.sixcambridge.co.uk/the-terrace/