Simon Smith on stage in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Celebrated violinist Simon Smith will take centre stage when Norfolk Symphony Orchestra presents Elgar, Brahms and Dvorak on Saturday, May 16, at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
Elgar’s Froissart Overture starts the evening followed by Brahms’ violin concerto with Simon, who has performed as a soloist with Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic the Orchestra of St John’s Smith Square.
Dvorak’s 7th Symphony will be the focus of the second half, a symphony written in response to Brahms’ demand that he write a good German Symphony.
The first movement has a dark and foreboding first theme, it’s second - lyrical and pastoral - is considered one of Dvo?ák’s finest works, and the heart of the symphony.
Once again, the orchestra are offering 100 free tickets to young concert goers aged under 18.
Tickets are £16. Call the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864. The concert is at 7.30pm.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’