Sign up for this year’s swimathon in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Staff at the Paradise Pools in Ely are urging swimmers to sign up and join in with the World’s Biggest Swim, taking place in April.
This year’s Swimathon is taking place from April 18-19 so there is plenty of time to set up a team or train for a personal challenge.
The event, which was established in 1986, is raising funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Staff at Paradise Pools, in Newnham Street, are offering a range of distances and challenges to suit swimmers of all fitness levels.
Individuals can choose from 1.5k, 2.5k or 5k distances. There are also team challenge distances of 1.5k and 5k. Teams can split the distance however they choose to cater for the strongest and weakest swimmers in the squad.
Swimmers looking for a helping hand with their swimming technique or with putting together a swimming training plan can visit Paradise Pools where Everyone Active fitness motivators are on-hand to provide training advice leading up to the April event. On the day of the event the Everyone Active team will be out in force to encourage and support swimmers.
“We are delighted to support the Swimathon again this year,” said Paradise Pools general manager, Simon Clasby.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
“People of all ages and abilities can take part and it’s a great opportunity to raise money for charity while enjoying a fantastic workout.”
For further information on the Swimathon and to register, visit www.everyoneactive.com or www.swimathon.org