Sign up for this year’s swimathon in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Staff at the Paradise Pools in Ely are urging swimmers to sign up and join in with the World’s Biggest Swim, taking place in April.
This year’s Swimathon is taking place from April 18-19 so there is plenty of time to set up a team or train for a personal challenge.
The event, which was established in 1986, is raising funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Staff at Paradise Pools, in Newnham Street, are offering a range of distances and challenges to suit swimmers of all fitness levels.
Individuals can choose from 1.5k, 2.5k or 5k distances. There are also team challenge distances of 1.5k and 5k. Teams can split the distance however they choose to cater for the strongest and weakest swimmers in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
Swimmers looking for a helping hand with their swimming technique or with putting together a swimming training plan can visit Paradise Pools where Everyone Active fitness motivators are on-hand to provide training advice leading up to the April event. On the day of the event the Everyone Active team will be out in force to encourage and support swimmers.
“We are delighted to support the Swimathon again this year,” said Paradise Pools general manager, Simon Clasby.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
“People of all ages and abilities can take part and it’s a great opportunity to raise money for charity while enjoying a fantastic workout.”
For further information on the Swimathon and to register, visit www.everyoneactive.com or www.swimathon.org