Sign up for this year’s Rudolph Run
- Credit: Archant
Team GB bobsleigh team member, Ross Austen, from Ely, will be launching this year’s Rudolph Run at Addenbrooke’s Hospital on December 7.
Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust’s second annual fun run – the Rudolph Run – will cover both 3km and 5km routes.
People are encouraged to join with friends and family and help raise money for their own special cause within Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie hospitals.
Ross will also participate in the 5km fun run around the grounds of the hospital.
He said: “I was filled with joy and pride when I was asked to support Addenbrooke’s – a cornerstone within our community that not only brings the next generation into the world but cares for each and everyone of us throughout our lives.
“What better way to kick-start Christmas than a fun run with your friends and family while raising money for an admirable cause.”
Additional entertainment on the day will include live music, face painting, a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang-style vintage car, craft stalls, refreshments, a ‘guess the number of balloons in the car’ competition from Enterprise-Rent-A-Car and mascots Rosie Rabbit and Brooke Bear cheering everyone on.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
To register to take part, visit www.act4addenbrookes.org.uk/RudolphRun or call 01223 349805.