Westlife’s Shane Filan brings his Love Always tour to the Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
He was the frontman of one of the world’s most successful bands of the last few decades and now Westlife’s Shane Filan is hoping to wow the crowds in Cambridge.
Hot off the back of the hugely successful Love Always Tour, which took place in autumn 2017, Shane has announced the second leg.
He says: “I stood on the stage on the original leg of the “Love Always” Tour and promised I would return – and here I am! The whole tour went so well I thought I would love to take it back out. It was such fun and the fans have taken “Love Always” to their hearts. I want to get out and perform it for them, although I may be adding a few surprises into the mix to make this leg a little different – so watch out!”
“Love Always, is a collection of some of my favourite classic love songs. It’s the album I’ve wanted to make for a long time. For me, being able to perform this on stage is humbling. It reminds me of just how phenomenal it is to be a musician and how lucky I am to have such great fans.”
The album contains both original material and mostly covers of famous love songs including Lady Antebellum’s Need You Now and This I Promise You by *NSYNC.
Shane, age 38, has cemented his position as one of the UK’s most popular male solo artists, following phenomenal success with Westlife.
Shane will be appearing at Cambridge Corn Exchange on May 10.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Tickets start at £30.50 and can be purchased online.