Westlife’s Shane Filan brings his Love Always tour to the Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
He was the frontman of one of the world’s most successful bands of the last few decades and now Westlife’s Shane Filan is hoping to wow the crowds in Cambridge.
Hot off the back of the hugely successful Love Always Tour, which took place in autumn 2017, Shane has announced the second leg.
He says: “I stood on the stage on the original leg of the “Love Always” Tour and promised I would return – and here I am! The whole tour went so well I thought I would love to take it back out. It was such fun and the fans have taken “Love Always” to their hearts. I want to get out and perform it for them, although I may be adding a few surprises into the mix to make this leg a little different – so watch out!”
“Love Always, is a collection of some of my favourite classic love songs. It’s the album I’ve wanted to make for a long time. For me, being able to perform this on stage is humbling. It reminds me of just how phenomenal it is to be a musician and how lucky I am to have such great fans.”
The album contains both original material and mostly covers of famous love songs including Lady Antebellum’s Need You Now and This I Promise You by *NSYNC.
You may also want to watch:
Shane, age 38, has cemented his position as one of the UK’s most popular male solo artists, following phenomenal success with Westlife.
Shane will be appearing at Cambridge Corn Exchange on May 10.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Tickets start at £30.50 and can be purchased online.