Shameless star to headline at comedy club date
- Credit: Archant
The Comedy Club Cambridge returns later this month for its first outing of the year.
The Belfry Hotel, in Cambourne, is playing host to the first show of 2015 on Friday, April 24.
The event will feature comedians Colin Cole, James Redmond, who has appeared in Coronation Street, and Mike McClean, famous for stints on The Office, Shameless and the Big Breakfast.
Headline act McClean originally trained as an actor, at the Arden School of Theatre in Manchester. However, after leaving college, he gravitated towards stand-up comedy and quickly broke onto the circuit with a comedy magic act.
He was soon spotted by a TV producer from Nickelodeon and went on to front several shows for the channel. He later joined ITV to present the kids game show “It’s Not Fair”, followed by two series of Mad for It, a live children’s show, he devised, for ITV. In 2010 Mike returned to his acting routes, playing Father Tony in Shameless.
You may also want to watch:
The evening of comedy will also include a two-course meal and tickets are available for £25.
Doors to the venue open at 7:30pm. For tickets call 01954 714600.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache