Shakespeare meets showbiz at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Shakespeare will meet showbiz in a glittering cabaret-style musical when The Shakespeare Revue comes to the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Originally produced by the Royal Shakespeare Company, it has been revived for the 400th anniversary of the Bard’s death.
“With songs and sketches by Victoria Wood, Alan Bennett, Maureen Lipman, Monty Python and many more, this is an evening of hilarity not to be missed,” say promoters.
“After a hugely successful West End run, the show has since then played Off-Broadway, completed five US tours and travelled the world, from Sydney to San Francisco, delighting audiences and receiving rave reviews.”
The show runs from Tuesday 9 to Saturday 20 August for a range of 2.30pm and 7.45pm performances; no performances on Sunday 14.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £18 to £28 (including a £3 per-ticket booking fee) available from www.cambridgeartstheatre.com or by calling 01223 503333.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident