See the Bolshoi Ballet perform live, from the comfort of a seat at Ely Maltings
- Credit: Archant
IMAGINE a story of a nobleman obsessed with chivalry and romance, on a quest to accomplish great feats that will bring glory to his name.
Imagine it being played out in front of you by artists at the very pinnacle of their profession, and you have a front row seat for the drama.
This is the case when a production of Don Quixote continues a season of live performances by the acclaimed Bolshoi Ballet, direct from Moscow, at the Maltings Cinema in Ely.
The screening takes place on Sunday, February 17 at 3pm.
Dancers tells the story set in Barcelona, where Lorenzo the innkeeper chases away the penniless Basilio, who is flirting with his daughter Kitri. He has already promised her hand to the rich Gamache.
When Don Quixote appears, he mistakes the inn for a castle, Lorenzo for its lord, and Kitri for Dulcinea, a princess.
If you want to experience the sheer magic of the prestigious Bolshoi, book your ticket now. After all, it’s not often you get the chance to visit Moscow for the price of a theatre ticket.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
Tickets cost £12, £10 for cinema members, and £5 for under 16s. To book, call 01353 616991.