See the Bolshoi Ballet perform live, from the comfort of a seat at Ely Maltings
- Credit: Archant
IMAGINE a story of a nobleman obsessed with chivalry and romance, on a quest to accomplish great feats that will bring glory to his name.
Imagine it being played out in front of you by artists at the very pinnacle of their profession, and you have a front row seat for the drama.
This is the case when a production of Don Quixote continues a season of live performances by the acclaimed Bolshoi Ballet, direct from Moscow, at the Maltings Cinema in Ely.
The screening takes place on Sunday, February 17 at 3pm.
Dancers tells the story set in Barcelona, where Lorenzo the innkeeper chases away the penniless Basilio, who is flirting with his daughter Kitri. He has already promised her hand to the rich Gamache.
You may also want to watch:
When Don Quixote appears, he mistakes the inn for a castle, Lorenzo for its lord, and Kitri for Dulcinea, a princess.
If you want to experience the sheer magic of the prestigious Bolshoi, book your ticket now. After all, it’s not often you get the chance to visit Moscow for the price of a theatre ticket.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Tickets cost £12, £10 for cinema members, and £5 for under 16s. To book, call 01353 616991.