See Burwell’s restored mill in all its glory at open weekend
- Credit: Archant
Visit the beautifully restored Burwell Windmill during National Mills Weekend, this Saturday and Sunday.
Visitors will be able explore the beautifully restored Grade II listed Steven’s mill from the inside, climb the stairs for a fabulous view of the museum grounds, learn from the enthusiastic volunteers how the mill would have ground flour back in the 1800s and how it has been restored.
The mill will be open from 11am-4pm on both days.
A spokesman for the mill said: “We have been working hard behind the scenes to get the mill working well for the new season. We know we have done a good job when we see the smiles on the visitors faces, and they ask lots of questions about its history. “Our volunteers are so happy to chat about it, it’s their pride and joy, and they have a wealth of knowledge to share. None of this would have been possible without the generous Heritage Lottery Fund and public donations, it’s been an amazing transformation.”
The Burwell team will be hoping for great weather on the day, so the sails can be set in motion. Entry is free. Any donations you would like to give will go in to the Mill Fund to ensure its upkeep.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the Burwell Museum will also be open on the Sunday, admission charges apply.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor