Scottish stand-up poet Elvis McGonagall set for Babylon ARTS performance this Friday
- Credit: Archant
Stand-up poet Elvis McGonagall is to perform at Babylon ARTS in Ely on Friday evening.
The show is titled ‘Countrybile’ and organisers said of it: “Armed with a blunderbuss, a bottle of Scotch and his rabid wit, stand-up poet Elvis McGonagall emerges from his godforsaken rural idyll at the Graceland Caravan Park to take aim at this septic isle.
“Land of robber barons and food banks, of Kirstie Allsopp cupcakery and dead badgers. Downtrodden Abbey plc starring polo-playing oligarchs and zero-hour serfs.
“What’s going on? And why is Benedict Cumberbatch swinging from the chandeliers in a Spiderman onesie? Find out as Elvis rises up from his revolting armchair.
“Viva McGonagall! Bring your own pitchfork.”
You may also want to watch:
The performance will take place on November 20 from 7pm for 7.30pm
For tickets, which cost between £8 and £10, call 01353 616991.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation