Schubert Ensemble to perform at Apex Theatre in Bury St Edmunds as part of farewell tour
- Credit: Archant
Classical music is coming to the Apex Theatre in Bury St Edmunds thanks to a farewell performance from The Schubert Ensemble on Monday December 11.
Since their first concert in January 1983, the group has become recognised as one of the world’s leading exponents of music for piano and strings.
The ensemble has performed in over 40 different countries, has over 80 commissions to its name, has recorded over 30 CDs and regularly features on BBC Radio 3 broadcasts.
Their Dvo?ák recording and the most recent of their two Enescu discs were chosen as ‘CD of the month’ by the BBC Music Magazine, which also gave them a double five-star review for their recording of piano quartets by Chausson and Saint-Saëns.
After 35 years, the 2017-18 tour will be their final season of concerts.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts a 7.30pm. Tickets, £15 or £20, are available via www.theapex.co.uk or by calling the box office on 01284 758000.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound