Scarlet Pimpernel expected in Peterborough Cathedral cloisters
- Credit: Archant
The mysterious Scarlet Pimpernel is expected to appear in the cloisters of Peterborough Cathedral on Thursday August 25 when Boxtree Productions present their swashbuckling outdoor theatre show at 7.00pm.
With intrigue, adventure, swordfights and songs, plus some pyrotechnics and romance for good measure, there is something for all the family to enjoy in this magical evening of open-air theatre, say promoters.
Arrive early for a hog roast, gourmet burgers and hot dogs or bring your own picnic. There will also be a bar selling wine, beer and soft drinks, as well as ice cream sold from a traditional ice cream cart.
The Scarlet Pimpernel is set in Paris in 1793, when young English gentlemen of unrivalled daring risked their lives to rescue French aristocrats from the guillotine at the height of the French Revolution. They left no trace except a note from the “Scarlet Pimpernel”. Pursued by the ruthless spy Chauvelin, the Scarlet Pimpernel and his men must use all their wits to evade capture and stay alive.
Advanced tickets cost £9 (children), £12 (adults) and £33 (family).
You may also want to watch:
To book, visit www.peterborough-cathedral.org.uk or call 01733 452336 or buy tickets from 5.30pm on the day.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on