Scarlet Pimpernel expected in Peterborough Cathedral cloisters
- Credit: Archant
The mysterious Scarlet Pimpernel is expected to appear in the cloisters of Peterborough Cathedral on Thursday August 25 when Boxtree Productions present their swashbuckling outdoor theatre show at 7.00pm.
With intrigue, adventure, swordfights and songs, plus some pyrotechnics and romance for good measure, there is something for all the family to enjoy in this magical evening of open-air theatre, say promoters.
Arrive early for a hog roast, gourmet burgers and hot dogs or bring your own picnic. There will also be a bar selling wine, beer and soft drinks, as well as ice cream sold from a traditional ice cream cart.
The Scarlet Pimpernel is set in Paris in 1793, when young English gentlemen of unrivalled daring risked their lives to rescue French aristocrats from the guillotine at the height of the French Revolution. They left no trace except a note from the “Scarlet Pimpernel”. Pursued by the ruthless spy Chauvelin, the Scarlet Pimpernel and his men must use all their wits to evade capture and stay alive.
Advanced tickets cost £9 (children), £12 (adults) and £33 (family).
To book, visit www.peterborough-cathedral.org.uk or call 01733 452336 or buy tickets from 5.30pm on the day.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’