Sasha Regan returns to the Cambridge Arts Theatre with Gilbert & Sullivan opera ‘The Mikado’
- Credit: Archant
Sasha Regan returns to the Cambridge Arts Theatre with one of the most popular Gilbert & Sullivan operas, ‘The Mikado’, later this month.
The run follows her hugely successful all-male productions of ‘The Pirates of Penzance’, winner of Best Off West End Production at the What’s On Stage awards and 2016’s smash-hit, ‘HMS Pinafore’.
“A 1950’s school camping trip takes us to the far away land of Titipu, where all take full advantage of playfully poking fun at British institutions,” say promoters of the show.
“Gilbert and Sullivan’s inherent humour and timeless tunefulness make for, arguably, the most popular opera ever written.”
The show will be performed from Tuesday June 27 to Saturday July 1 at 2.30pm and 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, £19 to £29, from www.cambridgeartstheatre.com
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment