Santa dropping in at Block Fen
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas will literally drop from the sky to give dogs from an RSPCA rescue centre their treats at this year’s Christmas event.
Santa, along with one of his elves, will arrive at Block Fen Animal Centre in Wimblington by parachute for their festive fund-raiser on Sunday, November 30.
Kirstyn Gaunt, deputy manager at Block Fenn, said: “We all know Father Christmas travels across the sky, but we don’t normally get to see him come down by parachute.
“We are all incredibly excited about the arrival and hope to get everyone out, including visiting children and dogs, to gather around to greet him as he touches down.
“I am told he will have plenty of treats for the dogs, and presents for the children, so no one should miss out.
You may also want to watch:
“He might just need to get his breath back after such a whirlwind arrival, so it’s a good job we’ll have plenty of mince pies and other festive treats ready to share with him.”
Father Christmas aims to arrive at the centre around 11.30am - noon, weather permitting, with a little help from the North London Parachute centre. He will then be on hand to meet children and pets and give them all their presents.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
There will also be carol singers, craft and gift stalls, face painting, games and several raffles and tombolas. Entrance is free.
The centre will also be open as normal and there will also be opportunities to meet some of the rescue animals - many of whom are in need of a new home.
Block Fen Animal centre is on Block Fen Drove, Wimblington, Cambridgeshire PE15 OFB and is open daily except Wednesday. Please call 0300 123 0726 for more information.