Rotary club concert at Needham’s Hall to mark Queen’s 90th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A special and unique musical event is to be presented by Ely Rotary Club in September, as a tribute to the Queen’s 90th birthday at Needham’s Hall.
The Opus 17 Big Band will play the nostalgic music of Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, Ted Heath and more, while the exciting sounds of pure traditional jazz and hits from Kenny Ball will be enacted by the Barry Tyler ODJB (Original Dixieland Jazz Band).
Both bands performed successful concerts for Ely Rotary Club last year.
Club secretary Eric Grant said: “The evening promises to be another unique opportunity for music lovers of both types of music to enjoy an unending round of pleasure and excitement.”
The concert takes place on Saturday September 10 from 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced at £16, are available from Burrow’s Bookshop, High Street Passage, Ely, or by email at email@example.com.
Call 01638 780827 for more information.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'