Rock ‘n’ roll face off as ‘Elvis’ prepares to go head to head with ‘Jerry Lee Lewis’ at the Hiam Sports & Social Club in Prickwillow
- Credit: Archant
Who was the real king of rock ‘n’ roll? Elvis ‘the pelvis’, or ‘the killer’ Jerry Lee Lewis? That’s what Hiam Sports & Social Club will be deciding as they host a special cabaret event this Halloween.
The event, which is titled, The Showdown – Elvis vs Jerry Lee Lewis, will feature Dave B as Elvis and Peter Gill as Jerry.
Each act will be supported by the Buddy Presley Band featuring Corrado di Ianni on lead guitar, Neale Hobday on double bass, Gary Richardson on drums and Chris Davies on keyboards.
The high energy show will see both acts going head to head before those in the audience will get the chance to decide a winner.
Mike Fortey, one of the event organisers, said: “This will be a Cabaret style event, (tablecloths and candles), with The Professor DJing on the decks between sets and the large dance floor available to be filled up throughout the evening.
You may also want to watch:
“As usual we have a friendly atmosphere, club price bar and ample parking as well as a barbecue on the go with our famous locally produced quarter pounders and jumbo sausages.”
The event will take place from 7pm til late on Saturday October 31
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 4 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 5 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 6 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 9 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 10 Fire crews tackle blaze at Ely engineering works
Advance tickets which cost £7 for members and £9 for guests are available by calling Mike on 01638 601085.
On the night, subject to availability, tickets will be £8.00/£10.00 on the door with free admission for accompanied under 16-year-olds.