Riotous new comedy coming to the stage in Cambridge
- Credit: Alastair Muir
The Mischief Theatre Company return to Cambridge Arts Theatre bringing their riotous spin on a family favourite to the stage, Peter Pan Goes Wrong.
The Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society set out to present J.M. Barrie’s classic tale of
Peter Pan, but as the title suggests, everything that can go wrong… does, as the accident prone thespians embark on a thrilling adventure to Neverland, with hilariously disastrous results.
The production runs at the Arts Theatre from April 7-11, nightly at 7.45pm. There will also be 2.30pm matinees on April 11 and 12.
Peter Pan Goes Wrong is a highly physical comedy packed with finely-tuned mayhem and Buster Keaton inspired slapstick; a fast-paced show with split-second timing and ambitious daring.
You may also want to watch:
Olivier Award-winning producer Kenny Wax says: “We took a huge gamble in transferring The Play That Goes Wrong into the West End; a new comedy starring no one famous by unknown writers.
“And yet our sold out show is delighting packed houses night after night. I have no doubt that Peter Pan Goes Wrong will be met with the same tremendous reaction.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Mischief Theatre Company was founded in 2008 by a group of graduates from The
London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, and has since then received critical acclaim and international attention.
Tickets, priced from £15-£25, are available on 01223 503333.