REVIEW: KD Theatre Production’s ‘The Wizard of Oz’ is ‘thoroughly good evening out’
- Credit: Archant
What a wonderful night’s entertainment!
This familiar tale was retold with all that you need: excellent cast, lively up-dated music, amazing dancing and those corny gags so familiar to pantomime.
Dorothy (played by Mary Cameron) was so good that she kept reminding me of Judy Garland.
We booed the wonderfully evil Wicked Witch (Katherine Hickmott), clapped when beautiful Glinda the Good (Jessica Theobald) magically appeared on stage and we thoroughly believed the anxiety the Lion (Terry Gauci), the Tin Man (Tom Tilley), the Scarecrow (Jordan Veloso) and Dorothy felt in their separate needy quests.
The sound was particularly good and helped make the Wizard (Oliver Scott) credible in both guises.
You may also want to watch:
This slick production eased though the variety of scenes and the doubling of parts to form a thoroughly good evening out. Director Daniel Bell, and his team are to be congratulated for such a fine performance.
KD Theatre Production’s ‘Fame’ in September - October 2016 at the ADC Theatre Cambridge and ‘Aladdin’ at The Maltings Ely December 22 2016 to January 15 2017 - should be well worth a visit.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor