Release your inner Voodoo child when Project O’s new dance production comes to the Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
Shake out your demons when Project O’s new dance production, Voodoo, comes to the Cambridge Junction.
The show is said to use ‘dance to explore, heal and challenge the violence of systematic oppression that haunts our every step. In a clash of tongues, colours, continents and histories’.
Voodoo follows ‘two brown women who dance a dance to dance themselves out of the desire for and expectation of an aesthetic assimilation that upholds a system of white supremacy that is at once subtle, blatant and all pervasive’.
Voodoo comes to the Junction next Wednesday, November 25.
For tickets, which cost £10 (general) or £6 (concessions) call the box office on 01223 511 511.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage