Family fun comes to the Junction at Christmas with Rapunzel
- Credit: Archant
A young woman imprisoned in a tower, a wicked witch with a serious anger management problem and a prince with self-esteem issues.
Add a LOT of hair and you have the story of Rapunzel, a family friendly Christmas show coming to the Junction in Cambridge.
Trapped in a lonely tower by a wicked enchantress since the day she was born, Rapunzel has never been outside, never been on a date, and never had a haircut.
But when a nature-loving Prince climbs up her plait, her life, her world and her hairdo is about to unravel!
Expect a brush with danger, delight and dreadlocks as the much loved tale by the Brothers Grimm is given a fresh twist this Christmas. There is a British Sign Language interpreted performance on Sun 17 and a relaxed performance on Tue 28 aimed at anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed performance environment including people with an autistic spectrum condition, sensory or communication disorders, or a learning disability.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Kok, arts producer at Cambridge Junction ,said: “We are committed to presenting exciting, affordable and innovative family friendly theatre for all ages, exploring familiar stories but in new ways.
“We look forward to celebrating the festive season with you this Christmas.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
• Cambridge Junction and Dancing Brick present Rapunzel from Tuesday 5 to Sunday 31 December. It is a fun-filled family show packed with live music, physical comedy and their signature bold theatrical style.