Railway modelling exhibition set for Peterborough Arena
- Credit: Archant
Join in the 10th anniversary celebrations at The National Festival of Railway Modelling at Peterborough Arena from October 14 and 15.
The event, which is the largest model railway show in the East of England, features 30 working layouts.
There will be expert, interactive demonstrations, popular with modellers and over 100 high quality traders and societies.
Peterborough Society of Model Engineers will also be showing their 120ft long track with a collection of 5” gauge electric and steam engines running throughout the day.
“Supported by Market Deeping Model Railway Club, the show is perfect if you are looking to stock up on essentials for your hobby, admire other enthusiasts’ craftmanship or simply to enjoy a family day out,” say organisers.
“The Peterborough show offers something for everyone.”
Rides will cost £1 and you get to travel up and down the track behind the engine twice.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
Tickets cost £10 for adults, £5 for children and £30 for a family (two adults and three children).
Visit www.model-railway-shows.co.uk to book or for more information.