Railway modelling exhibition set for Peterborough Arena
- Credit: Archant
Join in the 10th anniversary celebrations at The National Festival of Railway Modelling at Peterborough Arena from October 14 and 15.
The event, which is the largest model railway show in the East of England, features 30 working layouts.
There will be expert, interactive demonstrations, popular with modellers and over 100 high quality traders and societies.
Peterborough Society of Model Engineers will also be showing their 120ft long track with a collection of 5” gauge electric and steam engines running throughout the day.
“Supported by Market Deeping Model Railway Club, the show is perfect if you are looking to stock up on essentials for your hobby, admire other enthusiasts’ craftmanship or simply to enjoy a family day out,” say organisers.
“The Peterborough show offers something for everyone.”
Rides will cost £1 and you get to travel up and down the track behind the engine twice.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 10 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
Tickets cost £10 for adults, £5 for children and £30 for a family (two adults and three children).
Visit www.model-railway-shows.co.uk to book or for more information.