Railway modelling exhibition set for Peterborough Arena
- Credit: Archant
Join in the 10th anniversary celebrations at The National Festival of Railway Modelling at Peterborough Arena from October 14 and 15.
The event, which is the largest model railway show in the East of England, features 30 working layouts.
There will be expert, interactive demonstrations, popular with modellers and over 100 high quality traders and societies.
Peterborough Society of Model Engineers will also be showing their 120ft long track with a collection of 5” gauge electric and steam engines running throughout the day.
“Supported by Market Deeping Model Railway Club, the show is perfect if you are looking to stock up on essentials for your hobby, admire other enthusiasts’ craftmanship or simply to enjoy a family day out,” say organisers.
You may also want to watch:
“The Peterborough show offers something for everyone.”
Rides will cost £1 and you get to travel up and down the track behind the engine twice.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
Tickets cost £10 for adults, £5 for children and £30 for a family (two adults and three children).
Visit www.model-railway-shows.co.uk to book or for more information.