RAF Swing Band Back in Wisbech
- Credit: Laurence Platfoot
The Royal Air Force College Swing Wing Band will return to Wisbech and perform a concert in the theatre of Thomas Clarkson Academy, on Saturday March 30.
There will be many familiar faces in the band including leader Sgt Tom Ringrose, vocalist SAC Philippa Hobbs and drummer Chief Technician Jim Moss.
There will also be some new faces and returning will be Rob Scullion who performed with the band at their first ever concert in Wisbech in 2010.
Formed in 1989, RAF Swing Wing is a 20-piece big band that features the melodies of a golden age in music when swing meant more than a piece of playground equipment.
Their programme will include very popular numbers covering all swing band years, as well as including later tunes bringing them right up to date.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm with doors opening at 6.30pm. Tickets are £10 and proceeds will be donated to local RAF charities.
Call Jan or Ray Hutchinson on 01945 584595 to reserve tickets, which are also on sale at Sarah’s Flowers, 16 Market Street, Wisbech.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens