Professor Malcolm Gaskill coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
History professor Malcolm Gaskill will be in Ely in January to talk about his new book.
In his new offering In Between Two Worlds: How the English Became Americans, Gaskill tells the epic story of how 350,000 people crossed the Atlantic from England, creating new lives and identities in America.
With flair and sympathy, Gaskill recounts the changing and challenging world that confronted the English settlers as they established communities from Newfoundland to the Caribbean.
A professor of early modern history at the University of East Anglia, Gaskill has published five books, mostly about early modern witchcraft and witch-trials, but also crime, spiritualism, and colonial migration.
He will be at Topping and Company bookshop, in High Street, on January 22.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event, which starts at 7.30pm, are £5 when booked in advance. For more information, and to purchase tickets, visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk or call 01353 645005.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident