Prime Brass ensemble to perform at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Prime Brass, a Cambridge-based brass ensemble, will perform at Ely Cathedral next week.
Edmund Aldhouse will play the organ whilst conductors are Paul Trepte and Christopher Lawrence.
Come and hear Prime Brass team up with the mighty Ely Cathedral organ in one of their popular recitals.
If you’ve not heard the combination of brass and organ in a cathedral acoustic before, you’re in for a treat.
Cambridge based brass ensemble Prime Brass was formed in 1989 by trumpeter Paul Garner as a quintet and since 2002 the ensemble has developed into a conductor-less dectet.
You may also want to watch:
The ten-piece line-up includes four trumpets, four trombones, horn and tuba. Prime Brass celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2014.
In 2012 the ensemble went on tour to Paris with Cambridge University’s CUMS Chorus under the direction of Stephen Cleobury,
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Tickets, £10 each, from ww.tickets.elycathedral.org or from the Ely Cathedral Box Office by calling 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4.30pm).
Visit www.primebrass.co.uk for more information.