Pop music icon Elton John set for Peterborough live debut
- Credit: Archant
The king of pop, Elton John, is to perform live in Peterborough for the first time ever.
Having released his 33rd album, Wonderful Crazy Night, earlier this year, the music icon has wowed audiences across the UK and around the world with his epic live show, say organisers.
Cambridgeshire fans can expect to hear songs from the new album, as well as famous chart hits including ‘Yellow Brick Road’, ‘Crocodile Rock’, ‘Rocket Man’ and ‘I’m Still Dancing’ when he performs at the Abax Stadium.
Alex Harris, commercial manager for Peterborough United Football club, said: “We are delighted to welcome one of the most highly acclaimed and successful solo artists of all time to the city of Peterborough.
“Elton John has achieved 38 gold and 27 platinum or multi-platinum albums, has sold more than 250 million records worldwide, and holds the record for the biggest selling single of all time.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the five decades since his career began in 1969, Elton has played nearly 4,000 concerts in over 80 countries and we are thrilled that he will be the first artist to entertain fans at the ABAX Stadium in June 2017.
“We are looking forward to what promises to be a night to remember.”
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
Elton John will make his Peterborough debut on June 11 2017.
To book call 01733 865665, visit eltonatabaxstadium.com or email email@example.com