Politically scathing and insightful comedian Ahir Shah brings Machines tour to Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
Politically scathing, insightful and charismatic comedian Ahir Shah is bringing his Machines tour to the Cambridge Junction this month.
The tour, which follows a critically-acclaimed sell-out run at the Edinburgh Fringe, is a philosophical comedy about what is, was, and might be.
“Amid the chaotic tussles of the present, Ahir wants to believe that optimism, ambition and hope will take us to an open, tolerant, liberated future,” say promoters.
“However, after witnessing the global rise of the far-right and finding himself caught up in the Paris attacks, he’s got a lot of concerns. Fortunately, they’re super funny.”
The show takes place in J2 of the venue on Friday January 20.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £13.50, available from www.junction.co.uk/ahir-shah or by calling the box office on 01223 511511.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor