Poet Ian McEwen is special guest at Fen Speak open mic night in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The next Fen Speak event, a spoken word open mic night, will be held on Wednesday December 20 at the Babylon Gallery with special guest Ian McEwen.
Ian McEwen’s poems have appeared in magazines including Rialto, Long Poem Magazine, Poetry Wales and Poetry Review.
In 2010 his pamphlet The Stammering Man was a winner in the Templar competition.
His first collection, Intermittent Beings, was published by Cinnamon Press in 2013 and his latest pamphlet, The sideways for it, by Flipped Eye in 2017. He is a board member of NAWE and promotes the Ouse Muse open mic in Bedford.
There’ll be open-mic slots available as usual.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7pm for 7.30pm start. Donations on the night will be accepted.
Fen Speak is somewhere for local people to share poetry and get some performance experience.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
For more information about Fen Speak, visit www.fenlandpoetry.co.uk/fenspeak