Poet Ian McEwen is special guest at Fen Speak open mic night in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The next Fen Speak event, a spoken word open mic night, will be held on Wednesday December 20 at the Babylon Gallery with special guest Ian McEwen.
Ian McEwen’s poems have appeared in magazines including Rialto, Long Poem Magazine, Poetry Wales and Poetry Review.
In 2010 his pamphlet The Stammering Man was a winner in the Templar competition.
His first collection, Intermittent Beings, was published by Cinnamon Press in 2013 and his latest pamphlet, The sideways for it, by Flipped Eye in 2017. He is a board member of NAWE and promotes the Ouse Muse open mic in Bedford.
There’ll be open-mic slots available as usual.
Doors open at 7pm for 7.30pm start. Donations on the night will be accepted.
Fen Speak is somewhere for local people to share poetry and get some performance experience.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 5 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 8 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 9 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 10 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
For more information about Fen Speak, visit www.fenlandpoetry.co.uk/fenspeak