Poet Ian McEwen is special guest at Fen Speak open mic night in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The next Fen Speak event, a spoken word open mic night, will be held on Wednesday December 20 at the Babylon Gallery with special guest Ian McEwen.
Ian McEwen’s poems have appeared in magazines including Rialto, Long Poem Magazine, Poetry Wales and Poetry Review.
In 2010 his pamphlet The Stammering Man was a winner in the Templar competition.
His first collection, Intermittent Beings, was published by Cinnamon Press in 2013 and his latest pamphlet, The sideways for it, by Flipped Eye in 2017. He is a board member of NAWE and promotes the Ouse Muse open mic in Bedford.
There’ll be open-mic slots available as usual.
Doors open at 7pm for 7.30pm start. Donations on the night will be accepted.
Fen Speak is somewhere for local people to share poetry and get some performance experience.
- 1 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 2 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 3 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 4 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 5 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 6 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Alisa, 17, on how refillable candle business went viral in just five months
- 10 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
For more information about Fen Speak, visit www.fenlandpoetry.co.uk/fenspeak