Plenty of fun and games to be had at Isleham Gala
- Credit: Archant
The annual Isleham Sports and Gala Day returns on July 5.
The parade of floats and walking displays begin at 1.15pm at East Fen and, led by the Glen Morrison Pipe Band, will proceed along The Causeway onto Mill Street and onto the recreation ground via the Fordham Road entrance.
On the recreation ground there will be a full programme of entertainment and attractions which will include dance displays, performances by the Isleham School Band, running and cycle races, bouncy castle and fair rides, pony rides, dog show, reptile display and much more.
There will also be competition marquees for fruit and vegetables, home baking, flowers, crafts and one dedicated entirely to entries from children.
There will be a beer tent on site as well as a barbecue and plenty of other refreshments will be available in the Beeches Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon ends with a children’s fun run commencing at 5pm.
Admission is free and there is ample free car parking including dedicated disabled area.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation