Pianist Alexander Soares to perform at King’s Ely
- Credit: Archant
Renowned pianist Alexander Soares makes his King’s Ely debut with a concert in the Recital Hall on Wednesday April 25.
In 2015, he performed in the BBCSO/BBC Radio 3 ‘Boulez at 90’ celebrations and 2016-17 highlights included returns to Wigmore Hall, St. Martin-in-the-Fields, St. James’s Piccadilly and a debut in the USA.
A keen chamber musician, Alexander has performed in the Barbican, working with Boris Brovtsyn and Alexander Baillie.
He has also toured France in venues including Auditorium St. Germain and Opéra Rouen, performing Stravinsky’s Les Noces on Pleyel’s original double grand pianos, manufactured in the late nineteenth century.
The programme will include music by Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt and Bartok. The event is being held as part of King’s 25th season programme and the concert starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, £12 for adults and free for children, are available from www.kingsely.org/boxoffice or by calling 01353 653931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute