Papworth Hospital to stage charity Christmas carol service at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people will come together at Ely Cathedral for the annual Papworth Hospital charity carol service.
A mixture of traditional Christmas carols will be sung alongside the Ely Cathedral Octagon Singers at the event, on December 6 from 11am.
More than £5,400 was raised at last year’s event.
Papworth staff, supporters and volunteers will read the Christmas story and eight candles representing departments across Papworth Hospital will be lit by Trust staff.
Christmas is a special time for many supporters like Susan Butler, who will be reading at the service.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Christmas is a special time for families and thanks to my donor and their family I am still here and able to celebrate with mine.
“It is a special, beautiful occasion and it is wonderful to be part of it.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
In addition, a hospital governor is composing a piece of music to be performed at the service in thanks for his wife’s care.
Church musician Lee Dunleavy said: “My wife Hannah has been an inpatient for seven months this year at Papworth.
“It seemed the right time to present something from my work life as a small thank you.”
Tickets cost from £12.50-£15 and are limited. To purchase, contact Marion Papadopoulo at Papworth Hospital Charity on 01480 364237.