Miss Voluptuous 2018 final to be held in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Plus-sized models could be crowned Miss Voluptuous 2018 as the pageant holds its grand final in Ely.
The winning queen will not only take the crown and title of Miss Voluptuous UK, but she will also receive an incredible prize package which will include a beautiful floral arrangement, a custom crown case, a professional photoshoot and a feature in Natural Sparkle Magazine.
However, organisers say they want more than just a plus-sized model in a crown.
They are looking for women who “genuinely want to make a difference, and have what it takes to be a true role model in the pageant community”.
The contest also lets women come together to make friends and fully immerse herself in the “pageant sisterhood”.
Last year’s winner, Tracie Gledhill, described her reign as being “amazing”.
She said: “As it nears time for me to hand over I am sad to go. I have had an amazing time and enjoyed every minute of it. I hope that the incoming queens are ready to really push themselves in working as hard as they can for the system and for their platform.”
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 4 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 5 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 6 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 7 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
In a post on social media, organisers said: “We are so proud to watch where the Miss Voluptuous journey takes our finalists.
“Some return and some carry on to different paths. But whatever they choose we like to think that the experience gained from their year competing and the confidence gained from walking the stage have helped all our finalists in their future goals.”
The event provides the opportunity for voluptuous role models across the country to share their platforms, ideas and visions for the future with other beautiful and like-minded women.
The winner will also receive a schedule of events and opportunities for her to promote her platform during her reign and the opportunity to name the 2019 Charity of the Year.
The finall will be held at The Maltings, on September 30 and the show kicks off at 7.30pm.
Full details can be found at https://www.missvoluptuousuk.co.uk/grand-final