Miss Voluptuous 2018 final to be held in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Plus-sized models could be crowned Miss Voluptuous 2018 as the pageant holds its grand final in Ely.
The winning queen will not only take the crown and title of Miss Voluptuous UK, but she will also receive an incredible prize package which will include a beautiful floral arrangement, a custom crown case, a professional photoshoot and a feature in Natural Sparkle Magazine.
However, organisers say they want more than just a plus-sized model in a crown.
They are looking for women who “genuinely want to make a difference, and have what it takes to be a true role model in the pageant community”.
The contest also lets women come together to make friends and fully immerse herself in the “pageant sisterhood”.
Last year’s winner, Tracie Gledhill, described her reign as being “amazing”.
She said: “As it nears time for me to hand over I am sad to go. I have had an amazing time and enjoyed every minute of it. I hope that the incoming queens are ready to really push themselves in working as hard as they can for the system and for their platform.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
In a post on social media, organisers said: “We are so proud to watch where the Miss Voluptuous journey takes our finalists.
“Some return and some carry on to different paths. But whatever they choose we like to think that the experience gained from their year competing and the confidence gained from walking the stage have helped all our finalists in their future goals.”
The event provides the opportunity for voluptuous role models across the country to share their platforms, ideas and visions for the future with other beautiful and like-minded women.
The winner will also receive a schedule of events and opportunities for her to promote her platform during her reign and the opportunity to name the 2019 Charity of the Year.
The finall will be held at The Maltings, on September 30 and the show kicks off at 7.30pm.
Full details can be found at https://www.missvoluptuousuk.co.uk/grand-final