Packed line-up for return of Mickfest
THE line-up for the return of MickFest, the annual musical festival in memory of local musician Mick Gillett, has been revealed.
Performing at this year’s event will be, among others, Lady Grady, The Loop, TnT, Lewis Mokler and Cara Winter, with plenty more acts besides.
The event is taking place on Saturday, October 27, at The Maltings, in Ship Lane, Ely, and all profits from this year’s show will be donated to EACH, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Last year the first MickFest raised �1,756 for St. Nicholas Hospice Care.
Festival organiser Lee Gillett said: “We have a fantastic line-up again this year featuring a wide range of musical styles.
You may also want to watch:
“Something different we will be doing this year is that the acoustic area will be turned into a nightclub and we will be having Karl B playing Sounds Of The 70s & 80s which should be fun.”
Tickets for the event, which runs from 2pm until midnight, are selling fast and are priced at �10 until October 1, after which they will rise to �12.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The event sold out in September last year and looks set to do the same this year. Tickets are available at www.mickfest.info and running.