Our Share of Tomorrow: Play to be performed in Ely before its London premiere
- Credit: Archant
THEATRE company Real Circumstance is bringing the play Our Share of Tomorrow to Ely later this month, as part of an eastern counties tour before its London premiere.
The play is a love story, and has been described as “a heart-breaking theatrical gem.” It tells the story of Tom, who asked Grace out when they were teenagers, but she had to go away. He say on the quay waiting for her, and one day she came back.
Real Circumstance’s artistic director Dan Sherer said: “The play was inspired by wanting to make a simple love story, and then taking the circumstances of that story very seriously.
“When I started making Our Share Of Tomorrow, I thought it would be about a romantic love, and it is, but as the piece grew it became a story about the love between parent and a child; and then a story about loss.
“I grew up on the quay of an Essex fishing village, and there is a lyricism and a poetry that belongs to that environment, which I wanted to capture - a feeling of wanting to hold back the passage of time; to not have to grow up.”
You may also want to watch:
The performance at Ely Maltings takes place on Bank Holiday Monday, May 27, at 7.30pm. The play is suitable for over 14s, and tickets cost £10 and £8 for concessions. To book, call 01353 616991 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines