Our Day Out the musical is coming to the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Our Day Out the musical is coming to the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds.
The homegrown production opens on Thursday August 24 and runs until Saturday September 2.
Written by multi-award-winning playwright Willy Russell, who went on to write Educating Rita, Shirley Valentine and Blood Brothers, this action-packed rewrite of the hit 1977 TV show follows the students, as they leave behind the harsh realities of the city and experience a day out they will never forget.
Mrs Kay will be played by Beth Tuckey. Beth was trained at Bristol Old Vic and appeared in An Inspector Calls in the West End. James Hirst takes on the role of Mr Briggs – RADA trained, James has also appeared in the West End as Mickey in Blood Brothers.
Starring as Mr Mark McDevitt, George Brockbanks trained at Arts Educational Schools and toured the UK, China, Russia and the USA with the Royal Shakespeare Company and National Theatre of Scotland in David Greig’s Dunsinane. Olivier Award winning musicals Return to the Forbidden Planet and Jolson star Craig Stevenson features as Les, Ronny and the Zoo Keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, £8.50 to £21.50, are available from www.theatreroyal.org
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash