Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave to return to Ely Cinema
- Credit: Fox Searchlight / Everett Collec
Movie lovers have another chance to see multi-award winning 12 Years A Slave this week as it returns to Ely Cinema.
The film portrays the emotional wreckage left by man’s hatred of those that are different to us while sparing little of the horrors that are practised upon other humans as a result.
The nine-time Oscar nominated film will be shown next Wednesday, April 30, from 7.30pm.
The emotional heart-wrenching and enlightening film follows the life of Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a free black man who is captured and sold into the slave trade of the southern states of 18th century America.
The film is an epic watch but be warned – it will leave you uncomfortable at points as the barbarity and brutality of the treatment of black men, women and children is uncompromisingly shown.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets or more information, contact the box office on 01353 616991.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'