Opus 17 Big Band to play as Ely Rotary Club commemorates 75th anniversary of Battle of Britain
- Credit: Archant
Ely Rotary Club will celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain at its annual big band concert.
The original Opus 17 Big Band will play many of the old favourite compositions by Glenn Miller, the Squadronnaires and other bands of the period.
The production this year, titled Putting on the Blitz, will be at Ely College on September 5.
Eric Grant, of Ely Rotary Club, said: “Everyone attending is encouraged to dress in period clothes – uniforms, civilian dress, etc – to match the sound of the time and to create an adventure of pure nostalgia for those of an age to actually remember the originals of this wonderful music.”
Tickets are priced at £14 each and will be available from Burrows Bookshop in High Street Passage, Ely; optician John Wade in High Street, Ely; and by post from Rotarian Derek Bradley (please phone 01353 661601 first).
You may also want to watch:
Mark Cooney of Spotted in Ely will also be taking orders for tickets by e-mail – email@example.com
Another way of purchasing your tickets is to send a cheque for the necessary amount, made out to “Ely Rotary Club”, to Eric Grant at 8 Hall Barn Road, Isleham, CB7 5RB. They will be posted out or delivered.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire