One Man Two Guvnors is coming to The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is opening its 2017 season by bringing West End comedy hit ‘One Man Two Guvnors’ to The Maltings in Ely.
Fired from his skiffle band, Francis Henshall becomes minder to Roscoe Crabbe, a small time East End hood, now in Brighton to collect £6,000 from the dad of his fiancée. But Roscoe is really his sister Rachel, posing as her own dead brother, who has been killed by her boyfriend Stanley Stubbers!
Holed up at The Cricketers Arms, the permanently ravenous Francis spots the chance of an extra meal ticket and takes a second job with one Stanley Stubbers, who is hiding from the police and waiting to be reunited with Rachel. To prevent discovery, Francis must keep his two guvnors apart. Simple!
The show runs from February 9 to 11; performances start at 7.30pm.
Tickets, £11 each, available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/elyamateurdramaticsociety or from Burrows Bookshop by calling 01353 669759.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.facebook.com/elyamateurdramatics
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review