Nine Below Zero set for Cambridge gig
- Credit: Archant
Nine Below Zero have reformed their classic ‘Young Ones’ line-up for a special gig in Cambridge, this month.
The group are on tour with the classic line-up of all four original band members; Dennis Greaves (guitar/vocals), Mark Feltham (harmonica), Mickey ‘Stix’ Burkey (drums) and Brian Bethell (bass).
The group will be at the Junction, in Cambridge, on December 18.
Front-man, Dennis Greaves said: “We are only performing songs from the first three albums – Live At The Marquee, Don’t Point Your Finger and Third Degree – all of which have now been re-released by Universal. To be back on tour with all the guys is incredible. The energy, enthusiasm and the magic are back.” Mickey and Dennis co-wrote many of the songs on Don’t Point Your Finger and Third Degree. These two classic albums were re-packaged, re-mastered and released through Universal Music earlier this year.
Don’t Point Your Finger, originally released in 1981, was Nine Below Zero’s second album. Recorded in 12 days at Olympic Sound Studios in Barnes and produced by Glyn Johns.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced £18.50, are available from the box office on 01223 511511.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor