Night of music and magic in Witchford in memory of 16-month old Jacob
- Credit: Archant
AN evening of music and magic has been organised in memory of a toddler who died last year from a rare mitochondrial disease.
The event has been organised by Bob and Claire Wright, of Sutton, to raise money for two charities who helped them through their darkest days.
Their son Jacob died last year, aged 16 months. Team Jacum, a fund-raising team supported by Mr and Mrs Wright, was formed in his memory.
Funds from the charity night, featuring YouTube sensation Matty Fletcher along with Those Magic Guys, Sammy K’s All Star Tribute Show and Alan Thompson, will go to East Anglian Children’s Hospices and Brainwave.
Maria Roe, a member of Team Jacum said: “During Jacob’s short life, his parents were supported in amazing ways by several charities and organisations.
“They now strive to raise money to keep these incredible institutions in funds, so they can continue to help other families going through this trauma.
“Claire and Bob know how these organisations helped them through their darkest days, to a place where they feel able to honour and treasure their son’s memory and give something back on his behalf.”
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
The event takes place on August 31 at Witchford Village Hal. There will be a bar and hog roast.
Tickets cost £8 and £4 for under-16s. They are available from Sutton Pharmacy or KNA Creative in Soham, or call 07814 105869 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
? Team Jacum would be grateful to receive raffle prizes for the event. To donate, contact 07891 770184.